How has your week been? Mine has been slowly going along. We've found our school rhythm again of getting up and getting ready and heading out the door on time. We've been remembering our bags for swimming and answering notes. Lately I've been trying to take more photos just of things happening in my day. I started a photography course a couple of weeks ago, a wonderful gift I won in a giveaway, I think just what I needed to get me back into the groove of taking more photos. I seem to go in waves at the moment with things and what I really want is just that calm sea, I'm not much for waves really. But back to photography, one of the lessons I read last week inspired me to take photos each day, that by doing so improved the authors photography immensely. I think it might not just be the practicing of photo taking but also the practice in seeing the light, shadow, the little things. I had thought about maybe having another blog, that I could embark on this project of a photo a day...maybe next year, it's nice starting from the beginning of the year it helps me to keep track. Anyway here are some random photos from last week, photos of the everyday, photos I took for the weekly challenges in my course although last week I didn't get any done but I will do so this week. Enjoy the rest of your week my friends. x
2,3,4. Trying to freeze motion. It was much harder than I thought, especially to try and keep everything in focus. These were my best attempts.
5. Dusk, the view from my front porch.
6. Her cute little girl lego set.
7,8. Baking little apple cakes and almond thumbprint cookies.
9. Sad but still pretty flowers. The heat from last week dried them but they still managed to keep their colour.
10. We've had lots of birthdays over the last month. I've been making little gift cards lately which I have been enjoying instead of larger birthday cards.
11. A crochet coaster for my Nan to go with a new mug I bought her for her birthday. She'll be turning 86 today!