Hello and happiest of New Years to you!! Thank you so much for the beautiful words you left me on my last post. It would seem I have the kindest blog friends and that we all feel the same about blogging. Wouldn't it be lovely if blogging got a resurgence? Maybe if more of us get back into blogging it might, I really miss the community feel that I got from blogging everyday. With today being the first day of the new year it's time to reflect on last years goals and write some for the year ahead.
* This year saw me have a burst of creative energy just before Christmas. I made cards throughout the year for birthdays, started a crochet project and a knitting project but I haven't quite completed them yet. So as far as the expectation I had of myself I didn't quite get there but that's for this year!!.
* I regularly went to yoga only missing some session over the Christmas period. I joined the gym and have been regularly going at least a couple of times a week. I did some facials on myself and saw a naturopath and have been taking probiotics regularly too. (must buy some more) So I would give myself a big tick when it comes to achieving this goal.
* I haven't picked up my camera daily but I am regularly taking photos. I bought a magazine subscription to help me continue to be inspired by my passion.
* Gardening....this was probably one of my biggest downfalls. The motivation would come and go and the overwhelming nature of having things neat and my growing failures made for a very minimal growing year.
* Being present and calm I did for the most part. Paying attention and being in the moment without getting distracted was when I was my best at achieving this goal. Overall I think I did well and if I had moments of being less than calm I was happy to apologise and accept my mistakes.
* A happier me....mostly. I have slowly been opening up to others with some hesitation but trying to remember who I am and those who truly know me will know that I speak with kindness in my heart and those who think otherwise I do not have much time for.
* Has 2015 been a great year? It sure has been. There have been ups and downs but I have my beautiful family, my friends, good health food to eat, money for bills and a place to call home. I am very grateful for my year of learning and ready for the New Year, 2016 is going to be great!!
I love a new year, a fresh start figuratively speaking. So what do I want to achieve for 2016?
* To focus on making my home beautiful with handmade and natural objects. Beeswax candles, handmade cushions and beautiful linens, to create more.
* To focus on being organised with gifts and handmade cards and motivated for birthdays, anniversaries and yearly events like Easter and Christmas.
* To focus on continuing to be motivated by reading, listening and exploring what makes my heart sing.
* To focus on my fitness and health journey. Getting myself to bed early, looking after my mind, body and spirit.
* Focus on not allowing my fear to stop me creating, sewing, knitting, crocheting and photography. Fear is a state of mind not a state of being.
* Focus on the good people, let go of all that does not serve me, learn from it and move forward.
A relaxed mind,
A peaceful soul,
A joyful spirit,
A healthy body and heart full of love....
These are my wishes for you..
Happiest of New Years to you.
Have you made any New Years resolutions? Wishing you all a wonderful first day of the new year.