It's been ages since I've shared a recipe with all of you, gee I need to get back into the swing of blogging..
With the holidays upon us and my girls at home, they always seem to be hungry or wanting something to eat. Most of the time we are healthy eaters but I always figure a treat doesn't hurt and it's homemade so it's not as bad as the bought type. So today I made them some chocolate cupcakes. This recipe is always a favourite with my girls so I thought you might like to give too.
3/4 cup plain flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius. Prepare 12 hole muffin pan with papers.
2. Sift all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
3. Make a small well in the middle of the bowl and then add the remaining ingredients.
4. Beat on low speed with electric mixer until just combined.
5. Scrape down sides of bowl and beat on medium speed for a further two minutes.
6. Place tablespoons of the mixture into 12 hole muffin tray until holes are half full.
7. Place tray into oven for 15-18 minutes for 12 hole muffin pan.
8. Stand for 5 minutes and then turn out onto wire rack to cool.
9. Iced or leave plain if preferred.
I use a simple icing for my cupcakes of 1 cup of icing sugar, a couple of teaspoons of butter, a teaspoon of vanilla essence, a bit of boiling water and a splash of milk to make it a spreadable consistency. Enjoy.